Webtop is looking for checkPermission.cfm in project folder instead of core

When uploading files into the Document Library, I get the error below when trying to save - the webtop is looking for CheckPermission.cfm in the project folder. I have multiple projects/sites on the server, sharing the same core and it’s just this one site that has this issue.

Running “Reinitialize Application” in the Developer Utilities seems to temporarily resolve the issue. I checked the project copy of dmFile.cfc and the project_folder/config/_serverSpecific*.cfm files and didn’t see any setting that may cause this. Any ideas on where else to check or how to permanently fix?

Thanks,

• JR
===================
ERROR OVERVIEW
Core Version         : 7.2.8
Machine              : 2015-VMWeb01
Instance             : unknown
Message              : File not found: E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\projects\project_folder\www\farcry\core\tags\security\CheckPermission.cfm
Browser              : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
DateTime             : {ts '2017-03-29 10:16:23'}
Host                 : www.projectsite.org
HTTPReferer          : http://www.projectsite.org/webtop/conjuror/invocation.cfm?objectid=395BA840-148A-11E7-B54D0050569A4B6C&typename=dmFile&method=edit&ref=iframe&module=customlists/dmFile.cfm&dialogID=fcModal
QueryString          : objectid=395BA840-148A-11E7-B54D0050569A4B6C&typename=dmFile&method=edit&ref=iframe&module=customlists/dmFile.cfm&dialogID=fcModal
RemoteAddress        : 173.167.194.67
Bot                  : not a bot

ERROR DETAILS
Exception Type       : coldfusion.util.RuntimeWrapper
Tag Context         :     - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\formtools\file.cfc (line: 441)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\formtools\file.cfc (line: 385)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\formtools\validateFormObjects.cfm (line: 323)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\formtools\validateFormObjects.cfm (line: 322)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\formtools\validateFormObjects.cfm (line: 272)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\formtools\validateFormObjects.cfm (line: 238)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\formtools\validateFormObjects.cfm (line: 136)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\formtools\validateFormObjects.cfm (line: 1)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\formtools\serverSideValidation.cfm (line: 30)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\types\types.cfc (line: 957)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\webtop\conjuror\invocation.cfm (line: 182)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\webtop\conjuror\invocation.cfm (line: 91)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\webtop\conjuror\invocation.cfm (line: 80)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\webtop\conjuror\invocation.cfm (line: 75)
                  - E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\webtop\conjuror\invocation.cfm (line: 1)

Do you have a /farcry mapping? If you don’t, ColdFusion will resolve that
to the webroot.

Blair

Is this site missing a /farcry alias / virtual directory in your web server? It seems like it’s unable to resolve the path to the custom tag correctly:

<cfimport taglib="/farcry/core/tags/security" prefix="sec" />
<sec:CheckPermission objectid="#arguments.objectid#" type="#arguments.typename#" permission="View" roles="Anonymous" result="filepermission" />

If the virtual directory for /farcry is set to E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry, then the path should resolve to;
E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\security\CheckPermission.cfm
Rather than;
E:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\projects\project_folder\www\farcry\core\tags\security\CheckPermission.cfm

Usually with Adobe ColdFusion it’s fine (and for FarCry it’s generally recommended) to set aliases / virtual directories in your web server for /farcry and /webtop, and CF will automatically translate those into a “mapping”. Setting up a /farcry mapping manually in the CF Admin isn’t required. It might be worth checking these things, or clarifying your full configuration in case there is something I’m missing.

1 Like

Thanks for the lead. I checked IIS and we do have mapprings for both /farcry and /webtop . The odd thing is the problem hasn’t re-occurred since I reloaded the app and then asked this question in the forum. Perhaps, the gremlin on this site has moved on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Following up on this. We confronted the same issue again today with the same site. It’s very odd in that it only seems to occur sporadically. I know in the past @dckalorama has cleared this by using updateapp or that it seemingly just starts working again. Today, I was having trouble getting it to work. I ended up doing a quick CF Restart on that instance. Once the site came back up, everything seemed to work fine.

We ran into this issue last week. A project manager has been testing the file upload a couples of times a week trying to catch the “checkPermission.cfm” error before the client sees it. She’s getting the error by uploading a file via a custom object that has an array type field with an ftJoin=“dmFile”:

<cfproperty ftSeq="71" ftwizardStep="Start" ftFieldset="General Details" name="aObjectIDs" type="array" hint="Related media items for this content item." required="no" default=""
	ftType="array" ftLabel="Attached Files" ftJoin="dmFile" 
	ftShowLibraryLink="false" ftAllowAttach="true" ftAllowAdd="true" ftAllowEdit="true" ftRemoveType="detach"
	ftallowbulkupload="true"
	bSyncStatus="false"> 

We have multiple sites/projects sharing the same core and we have the sites running on separate instances of Adobe Cold Fusion 11. I went through the CF logs for other instances and did find that other sites ran into this error at some point. This site is different in that we have the session timeout set to one day and 20 minutes. We increased the session time because the client will start to enter a new item into FarCry, and then complete it an hour or two later). I’ve checked IIS and we have mappings for /farcry and /webtop . I’ve checked the farcryConstructor.cfm and the _serverSpecific*.cfm files in the config folder and there’s nothing suspicious - the _serverSpecific*.cfm files haven’t changed since the install.

We are behind in installing the updates for CF11, but I didn’t see anything in the update notes that would cause this bug.

Any ideas on where else to look?

I don’t know if this is related but; from time to time when trying to add a page into the site tree I get an error around the tag in the dmNavigation edit.cfm (ie can’t find checkPermission.cfm)
<sec:checkPermission permission="developer">
For some reason it wants to be case sensitive from time to time as the cfm is actually:
CheckPermission.cfm

Then another day it will be fine. :thinking:

This is on CF11 ent on redhat ent. Make you think it might be CF11 related. I keep meaning to do a pull request on edit.cfm to case the case match but then it comes fine. Just thought I’d thow this into the mix :slight_smile:

Phil