Some notes on CF 2018 Support

We’re working on a new project that will launch on CF 2018. I’ve run into some hurdles trying to get FarCry running and thought I would note them here in case others run into them.

1. CF 2018 has dropped support for the requesttimeout attribute of cfschedule. dmCron uses this. I’ve submitted a pull request to fix it. https://github.com/farcrycore/core/pull/81

2. The UUID generation library that FarCry uses relies on the Java CORBA module that, since Java 9, is no longer enabled by default. To fix this, edit your jvm.config file and find the argument --add-modules and change it from: --add-modules=java.xml.ws to --add-modules=java.xml.ws,java.corba

This allows FarCry to start. I will try to update this post if I run into any other issues running FarCry on CF 2018

3 Likes

Just thought I’d follow this up to say that the original PR above was merged in August last year, and the p740 branch currently has the old UUID and anything related to JavaLoader removed to move forward with Java 11 compatibility, plus we have a new mechanism for automatically adding the /jars folder inside a plugin or project to the javaSettings.loadpaths array.

If there are any other CF2018 issues outstanding that anyone has then please let us know. We can back port any fixes that make sense to p720 but otherwise the main branch of new development is currently p740.

1 Like

Justin, did any of these CF2018 support changes get merged into other branches? (p720, p730)

I ask because in attempting to use branch p740, I’m running into issues of support with CF2018 because of syntax being used that isn’t supported. (I’ll submit additional bugs for these) As an example MySQLGateway.cfc has syntax like this which I’m guessing is only supported by Lucee

#arguments.expected.GENERATEDALWAYS?:''#

Removing the # seems to fix the issue