Slatwall eCommerce Plugin

Hi,

I have been a long time Slatwall developer. I have used it a couple of times with FarCry, but most installations have been with another CMS due to existing clients setup.

I will be revisiting my FarCry plugin for Slatwall integration with my aim to actually complete and release it this time, client work permitting.

Would like to open up discussions with other FarCry developers to find out what they would like to see or if you have questions about Slatwall.

Look forward to hearing from you…

Chris.

Hi Chris,

How much success have you had in integrating FarCry with Slatwall? I’m new to both (as well as the other CMS) and from initial impressions would prefer the FarCry/Slatwall combination if that is viable.

Thanks!

–Ben

Hi Ben,

Wow, I was just thinking about getting back to developing a new FarCry plugin for Slatwall earlier this evening. Have not had time to look at this over the last several months - been to busy with client work, mainly involving the other CMS.

I had FarCry & Slatwall working together on a few projects some time ago, but was never fully happy with my overall approach. Each iteration was evolving with with my increased knowledge of Slatwall.

Still have plans to rebuild from the ground up but impending workload may severely restrict my immediate time available - if/when client wakes up :wink:

Chris.

Hi Ben,

No promises on time-frames, but I have re-started my development for a plugin to fully integrate Slatwall and FarCry. Work will depend on client workload but I do have a long term requirement for this plugin myself now.

Chris.

Quick update for anyone interested.

Slow progress due to client work, but I now have the basic connection of latest versions FarCry & Slatwall.

This is a complete refresh of the integration for FarCry & Slatwall based on a number of installations in the past.

Next steps will include:

• link security including admin accounts
  • refresh the Slatwall front-end to bring it up latest version of Bootstrap
  • and then review what level of automation of install to set up

Watch this space.

Happy to discuss this with anyone who is interested in a FarCry / Slatwall integration.

Chris.

1 Like

Hi Chris,
How are you going with this? I’m about to embark on a subscription type app in FC but the other day did have a little look at Slatwall again to see if they’ve made leaps and bounds since I last dabbled.
Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil,

I had planned a complete redevelopment of my FarCry & Slatwall integration having used it on a few sites.

But a client project last year opened up new ideas and I have now changed direction and I am actively working on a simple plug and play solution that will allow a FarCry site to have an ecommerce solution.

With what appeared to be little or no interest within the FarCry development community I did not report back here.

Yes, Slatwall has developed a lot since we both looked at it. Not sure if you have looked back since. Subscriptions have been one of the areas where there has been significant developments.You might want to check https://www.slatwallcommerce.com/solutions/subscriptions/

Regards,
Chris.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that. Yes I’d had a look at the subscription part of slatwall. Just thought I’d check in with you as I know you’ve been doing some work with it and FC. Still looks to be a big learning curve for what I’m after.

My initial idea was to build a simple solution with FC and Stripe (they look to have a good API and subscription service) that I can build upon as needed. I think I’m inclined to still go with that.

I’ve also built a simple plugin for FC that integrates shopify using their API and JS components. They have good event hooks that allow you to update objects at the FC end. I might throw it up on git in the next few weeks for anyone who’s interested.

I’m always happy to review open source plugins if that helps :slight_smile: I might not be able to use every plugin in production scenarios as those would often rely on having customers with a matching need, but I can at least provide feedback and suggestions for improvements to ensure open source plugins are as production ready as possible (e.g. making good use of configs, follow best practises for security, are scalable, thread safe, etc)

1 Like

Hi Justin,

I do plan an open source version of the Slatwall integration as well as a “client” version.

The client version is will be developed and completed first, I have a couple of client partners working with me on this.

The open source version will then be developed and released.
I aim to include the following in this open source version:

• Link FarCry & Slatwall security and authentication
  • Setting up of “store” pages within FarCry
    • Product listing page, including drill-down search, specials etc.
    • Product detail pages
    • Cart, Checkout, Confirmation pages
    • My Account page, including order history/digital downloads
  • Add subscription and purchasable content pages/sections - e.g. set up paywall sections of FarCry content based on one-off purchases or subscriptions
  • Cross-linking FarCry content and Slatwall products, product types, brands etc.

The overall aim will be to replicate the features that are in the Mura integration and also add some extras for FarCry.

I am not going to set a timeline for the release of the open source version right now, it is possible it could be middle to end of 2020 Q3. Will hope to enlist some eager testers pre-release.

Happy to discuss ideas and requests with anyone…

Regards,
Chris.

1 Like

Very quick update.

Slower progress than I would have hoped for due to client work, but still on track to deliver open source FarCry Slatwall Plugin/Integration late Q3 2020.

Regards,
Chris.

1 Like

Awesome, sounds good Chris :smiley: