Problems installing FC on Railo/Linux/mySQL

Is this still true for ACF 9-11? At the moment its critical to have this value set for the installer to work. We might need to rethink this or have an alternate option – this might become a showstopper for people who don’t read instructions :smile:

For something as small as the sample apps we might get away with looping over the INSERT sql and running a single query at a time.

Did it - still the same error. I really appreciate all the help you guys are offering!!! Maybe in the end I’ll have Farcry up and running… :slight_smile:

I would start again with the official 7.0 installer:

See how we go with the latest for everything. I’ve been running through the installer a few times with mySQL and it seems to be flawless for me on OSX.

Can you run mysqldump to dump the database to a sql script file and email
it to me? Send it to justin@daemon.com.au

Ok - it’s a free day in Norway today, and I’ve spent the whole day in front of computer. Need to spend some time with family. I’ll try the new installer tonight - and if it is still a no go - I’ll email the db to you Justin. Again - thanks a lot for all the help guys!!!

Tried with the new installer - used the fresh core and fresh skeleton - still the same problem. Can there be some obscure setting in MySQL somewhere?

Does anyone have a working remote MySQL db I can try against?

Ok - I just wanted to check if cases can be an issue in some way. So I made 3 versions of the same SQL. The first and second one runs fine - so case has nothing to say on column names. But the 3rd one fails - showing that case does matter on the table name:

<cfquery name="qTest1" datasource="trondulseth">
SELECT userid
FROM farUser
</cfquery>

<cfquery name="qTest2" datasource="trondulseth">
SELECT userID
FROM farUser
</cfquery>

<cfquery name="qTest3" datasource="trondulseth">
SELECT userid
FROM faruser
</cfquery>

Could we be on to something here?

Is my lower_case_table_names=1 not working as it should? It seems not.

I added it near the bottom in the file /etc/mysql/my.cnf - you can see how the whole file looks here: http://lab.trondulseth.com/_test/my.txt

I also tried putting higher up - as I found one example of it after some googling:

[mysqld]
#
# * Basic Settings
#
lower_case_table_names = 1
user		= mysql
pid-file	= /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket		= /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
port		= 3306
basedir		= /usr
datadir		= /var/lib/mysql
tmpdir		= /tmp

But no fix. I also found this useful command which lists up what variables MySQL is running by:

mysqladmin -uroot -p variables

And

So it seems we have found where the dog might be buried - now on to finding out why MySQL is not reading the variable that I put into the my.cnf file

Disregard last post - I moved the text in the txt file posted for you to look at rather than the real cnf file. (it’s going a bit fast here). Now I actually get the correct return for the variable. Will try reinstalling my FarCry project once again :slight_smile:

Ok cool, it looks like you’re on the right path now… Keep us posted :slight_smile:

Ok - started out with a newly created DB - and all the tables were now created with all lowercase table names.

But I still get the same error - but a bit strange is that even thought the error is the same, the format is now more of a standard server error rather than a Railo dump formatted error:

I’ve just grabbed the database dump you sent me via email, imported it into MySQL 5.5… and my app starts up just fine?..

I’m thinking there is still some kind of issue with either the datasource in Railo or the MySQL server configuration, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Can you confirm again that your farcryConstructor.cfm settings look similar to this (just double checking that the dbType and dbOwner are correct):

<cfset THIS.dsn = “trondulseth” />
<cfset THIS.dbType = “mysql” />
<cfset THIS.dbOwner = “” />

When you configure the datasource in Railo, have you customised any of the default settings? When I set it up, I just put in the database name, the username and password, and set “Allow multiple Queries” to “true”.

In the mean time I’ll try to keep working backwards and see if there is perhaps a replacement db.cfc that I can give you to properly debug the issue :slight_smile:

I’ve added some debugging to the initialiseTableMetadata() method in core/packages/lib/db.cfc, can you download it from this link and give it a try?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8921133/farcry/trond/db.cfc

Below is the output I get on Railo 4.1… What’s interesting to note is that the “schema” argument is not passed in to initialiseTableMetadata() but Railo shows it in the arguments scope dump as a “null” value.

Have you changed any language/compiler options in Railo? At the moment we only support the “CFML Default” settings:

1 Like

YES!!!

It is now working! It must have been some of the Railo settings that threw it of. THANK YOU Justin!!! Now the fun can begin :slight_smile:

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Now I’ll need to see what we can do about those Railo language/compiler
settings… At least we are aware that they could cause problems.

1 Like

Any chance you can document a summarized version of the recommended steps to use that same setup (Railo, Windows or Linux, and MySQL) while it’s all fresh in your mind while mentioning any “gotchas”? - in the “how to” section

Been thinking to do it. Will try and do it one of the very next days.

Seems like Geoff beat me to it :smiley: