Installing Farcry

Trying to install farcry locally, and running into issues.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name ‘dbo.farUser’.

The error occurred in C:/ColdFusion2018/cfusion/wwwroot/farcry/core/webtop/install/index.cfm: line 996
Called from C:/ColdFusion2018/cfusion/wwwroot/farcry/core/webtop/install/index.cfm: line 34
Called from C:/ColdFusion2018/cfusion/wwwroot/farcry/core/webtop/install/index.cfm: line 1
Called from C:/ColdFusion2018/cfusion/wwwroot/farcry/core/webtop/install/index.cfm: line 996

Which scripts do I need to run in order to set up these tables? The dbo.FarUser table does not exist on my local SQL server.
By the way, I am using MS SQL Server 2016 with ColdFusion 2018. The data source is already setup in cfadmin pointing to a local instance.

I tried barebone install, chelsea theme with no luck. It is like the 3rd screen of the installation.

Any ideas?

I created the tables manually. Now, it complains about dB not being empty. grrrr…

Sorry I missed this… There are SQL scripts for creating the schema, and there are SQL scripts for inserting the default data, however you shouldn’t need to run them manually.

The installer creates the tables for you and inserts all the default data automatically, but your DSN does need to be configured with a user that has the appropriate permission to create/modify schema objects and to do select/update/insert/delete on tables for the installer to be able to function correctly.

My guess is a permission issue might have stopped the schema from being created (and subsequently stopped the data from being inserted) and then the line in the stack trace indicates it crashed on updating the admin user password because the table didn’t exist.

Hope that helps.

1 Like