FarCry 7 install issues

Unable to get Farcry to install on a new windows box. Win 7 64, Coldfusion 11 and MSSQL 2008.
Keep getting query errors after the install. The install runs with no errors. I tried setting DB to mssql 05 compatible to no avail. Any pointers greatly appreciated. - and thanks for FarCry.
Exception Type: Database
Detail:
Query Of Queries syntax error.
Encountered ";.
Error:
Encountered ";.
SQL:
SELECT * FROM qJobs WHERE task LIKE ‘chelsea_%’
ESCAPE ‘’;
Tag Context:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\types\dmCron.cfc (line: 216)
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\Application.cfc (line: 297)
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\farcry\core\Application.cfc (line: 197)

Hmm… I’m not sure as I can’t test it right now, but shouldn’t that code say: SET ESCAPE ‘\’ and then the select statement? Maybe try changing that in your copy and see if it fixes it (of course, you’ll need to move the semi-colon to be at the ens of the sql statement). I won’t be able to test any of this or help out much until next week though, but let us know how it goes.

I’m also curious why you can’t install the framework with possible errors in this file since this file is used for creating cron jobs (as far as I know it shouldn’t be used by the installer).

My Bad, It installs fine. When I try to go to webtop or home page I get the error.

Encountered ";.
I will remove the semi-colon and play with the query.
Thank you

FIXED
Im a little bloody but after updating Coldfusion 11 to update 3 everything is working. I wish they had
rolled the update into the download.
http://www.gpickin.com/index.cfm/blog/coldfusion-11-stumbles-out-the-doors-cf-11-and-cfb-3-are-available

Chelsea looks great!

Try enabling multiple queries in your ColdFusion datasource.

Blair

1 Like