@ Justin: I checked the p720 branch but could not find anything related that's newer than the 7.29 release.
@ modius: I use the default dmImage webtop form for the upload (no bulk, nothing special).
To reproduce the issue, I did the following:
1. removed all files with the webtop in the SourceImage, StandardImage, and ThumbnailImage directories,
2. cleaned up the directories by hand,
3. stopped the CF server (I'm running CF 11 v12 on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 with Apache),
4. cleared the FarCry cache directory,
5. restarted FarCry,
6. Content > Media & Categories > Image Library,
7. clicked on "Add+,"
8. filled in the fields (I added an additional text field named "copyright" which will be displayed before the "alt" textfield -- see below --),
9. uploaded the three images and hit "Save."
When revising the data with the object dump, it immediately became clear that FarCry had replaced my images because they are shown in the fields with an added "1" before the file extension.
Looking up the image directories content, I realized that FarCry had uploaded two images each: the original ones and those with the "1" at the end. And it obviously had altered all of them (except the source images, I suppose).
Going back to the Webtop Image editor, the image upload screen estate looks like below:
The extension I have done to the dmImage content type looks like below. I copied the CFC header, replaced the extension with the base type path, added the new property and updated the COAPI. (As I did back with FC 4.x.) The extended CFC looks like the following:
hint="extends the core FarCry dmImage objects with a property to enter a copyright notice.">
name="copyrightNotice" type="string" hint="Copyright notice." required="no" default=""
ftSeq="3" ftFieldset="General Details" ftlabel="Copyright Notice"
To be honest, I'm running out of ideas.