Error trying to access site root in webtop, FarCry 7.2.9

Hello, I am upgrading a site from FarCry 6 to 7.2.9. There had been a bunch of unfortunate changes to core in the old site, which has made the upgrade process challenging. It’s pretty much working, except for when I try to access the site root via Site > Tools > Site Tree Root in the webtop:

"“Element TYPENAME is undefined in STLEAFNODE.”

The error details are below. We do have content below the Home level, which is all there and can be accessed in a browser if you know the Friendly URL or other way to link to it. But I cannot access it from the web top. Any clues on how to access it or resolve this error? I sure would appreciate the help!

Here are the error details:

Exception Type: Expression
Tag Context:

• C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\webskin\dmNavigation\webtopTreeChildRows.cfm (line: 322)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\webskin\dmNavigation\webtopTreeChildRows.cfm (line: 279)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\webskin\dmNavigation\webtopTreeChildRows.cfm (line: 107)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\webskin\dmNavigation\webtopTreeChildRows.cfm (line: 1)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\fourq\fourq.cfc (line: 452)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\fourq\fourq.cfc (line: 338)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 140)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 76)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 11)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 9)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 1)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\webskin\dmNavigation\webtopBody.cfm (line: 135)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\fourq\fourq.cfc (line: 452)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\packages\fourq\fourq.cfc (line: 338)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 140)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 76)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 11)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 9)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\tags\webskin\view.cfm (line: 1)
  • C:\home\new.vtol.org\wwwroot\farcry\core\webskin\types\webtopPageStandard.cfm (line: 16)

It’s hard to troubleshoot without access to the data, but my guess is that
you have records in dmNavigation_aObjects that no longer correspond to a
valid content type or record.

Blair

In the webtop, go to admin / developer utilities / coapi repair tools and try rebuilding the tree metadata (feel free to repair the refobjects as well). As always, make sure to backup the DB first to be safe.

And like Blair suggests, you might want to run some comparisson tests on the dmNavigation_aObjecgs table for records that no longer exist and maybe clean them out.

Thanks Blair and Jeff, I appreciate it! I ran “repair tree metadata” and also “Repair ref objects” and that did not resolve the issue. In fact the report from repairing the ref objects said it did not remove any missing dmNavigation items.

I compared dmNavigation_aObjects against dmNavigation, and there were no IDs present in dmNavigation_aObjects that were not also present in dmNavigation. Are there any other tables I should take a look at?

Thanks for your help!

Never mind, guys, I found it – it was indeed a rogue record in dmNavigation_aObjects. I was having trouble tracking it down, so I just emptied that whole table, and then the site root loaded fine. Without content, of course, but I just started reimporting the rows from my backup table, a few at a time, until I finally found the one with the problem. I zapped it, and all is well.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Blair and Jeff! I really appreciate the assist!