dmInclude Child Link Teaser Image

Hello all,

I don’t know if this is suppose to work but we have a couple pages that we use under the dmInclude page type and would like to show teaser images on the child links representing these pages.

I’ve noticed that when I call application.fapi.getContentObject(’#ObjectID#’) I don’t get anything resembling a teaser. We do have a teaserImage column pointing to a dmImage ObjectID, and also an imgTeaser column I may have slapped on myself at somepoint, with the necessary form to upload or select a teaser image in the webtop editor for the pages in question.

Is there a straight forward way to add this teaser image column properly, creating a new ./packages/type/dmImage.cfc extension perhaps?

If it’s too much trouble I do have a teaserImage ObjectID I could work with, but if it’s simple enough I’d rather do things right.

Thanks.

I’m having trouble picturing what you’re trying to do. Can you include the
data returned by application.fapi.getContentObject? What is the query
you’re using to determine the children? What cfproperties have you added?

Blair

Hello blair,

sorry if I’m not clear, still working out what the problem is and hence what I’m trying to ask.

These are the items returned from getContentObject

CATINCLUDE
CREATEDBY
DATETIMECREATED
DATETIMELASTUPDATED
DISPLAYMETHOD
INCLUDE
LABEL
LASTUPDATEDBY
LOCKEDBY
OBJECTID
OWNEDBY
STATUS
TEASER
TEASERIMAGE
TITLE
TYPENAME
WEBSKIN
WEBSKINTYPENAME

We appear to be working with the dmInclude here. If I dig into our ./core/packages/types/dmInclude.cfc here’s the cfProperties I find, which appear to match the original file.

name="title" type="string"
name="teaser" type="longchar"
name="teaserImage" type="uuid"
name="displayMethod" type="string"
name="include" type="string"
name="webskinTypename" type="string"
name="webskin" type="string"
name="catInclude" type="string"
name="status" type="string"

I’m assuming at this point that the imgTeaser column I’m trying to load isn’t loading because FarCry doesn’t know about it. I look through both the included dmHTML.cfc and our extended dmHTML.cfc and I don’t see any mention of imgTeaser, which is used by the dmHTML page type. If I call application.fapi.getContentObject() on a dmHTML page I do get the imgTeaser field that I’m after.

I did find, going back to the core files, that dmInclude extends types and dmHTML extends versions. Could this be part of the problem?

Thanks for the extra questions, hopefully I’m more clear. I guess the executive summary is I’m wondering why this field will load from one type and not another, and where this would have been configured for the dmHTML type so I can take steps to fix this for our implementation of the dmInclude type.