[closed] Unable to install Farcry 7.2.8: Invalid object name 'dbo.farUser'

Back from the weekend.

Ok. The new javaloader.cfc gets rid of the error page but now I am getting a generic
"Error

An error occurred when you requested this page.

An email was sent to the webmaster. We will work to correct this problem as quickly as possible, and apologize for any inconvenience.

When I try to open the webtop I get a very odd looking page. Don’t pay attention to the alb-farcry-dev2 title as that was from another server. I pointed farcryconstructor to the alb-farcry-dev2 database to see if it would let me log in and it did. I’ll try setting the Datasource and farcryconstructor back to the alb-fc database and see if I can still log in.

This is the error at the bottom of the page after logging in.

Pointing back to the alb-fc database (new db) results in an over 30 second delay and then the error page:

Error

An error occurred when you requested this page.

An email was sent to the webmaster. We will work to correct this problem as quickly as possible, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi,

I do have the same problem. I tried replacing the javaloader.cfc file but the problem is not solved. Could you please help me solve the issue.

I followed the instllation guide and installation is complete but when i try to login, I get 404 error. When I try to view the site, I get wrong number of arguments error.

snapshot…

Could you please guide me to complete the setup.

Here’s some more information. I installed a full copy of SQL Server 2014 on the same server as CF2016 and configured a new blank database and verified that the CF Data Source was working. I had to enable TCPIP under SQL Server Protocols so the local CF instance could talk to the local database (seems ridiculous that it wouldn’t just work out of the box). After I deleted the old core, plugin’s and skeletons and copied the FC 7.2.8 versions in their place, copied over the javaproxy.cfc file, added the Java flag re: -Dcoldfusion.udf.reuseTagInstances=false and ran the installer I still get the same error about unable to update password for far_user. What gives???

Hi,

I am now able to login but am not able to view the site, I get the following error. Kindly help. Thanks.

Just to close this topic. Daemon identified that the issue was caused by a missing data source in the ColdFusion Administrator. I added the datasource in and miraculously everything worked. Better make sure all your data sources are there!

1 Like