[closed] Blackman image interpolation doesn't support grayscale images

The default image interpolation should have a wide support for different colour spaces (RGB, CMYK, grayscale)

Error when using default ftInterpolation:

For gray scale images the interpolation argument must be one of: NEAREST|BILINEAR|BICUBIC|HIGHESTQUALITY|HIGHQUALITY|MEDIUMQUALITY|HIGHESTPERFORMANCE|HIGHPERFORMANCE|MEDIUMPERFORMANCE 

Not sure why blackman was chosen, so I attached some test jpg’s that should work on standard FarCry core installation. If speed is important, highPerformance delivers at almost the same speed as blackman.

Tracked at:
https://farcry.jira.com/browse/FC-2875

Sample Greyscale Images

1 Like

Blackman was used as our testing showed it had the highest quality to ratio performance of the choices at the time. But if it doesn’t do greyscale at all we might need to rethink that decision. What version of ColdFusion is this?

Coldfusion 9 (FC p620) and CF 10 (FC p700)

we are in the same situation and it is very inconvenient. Everytime I upload an image I need to put a red watermark so it can be processed.

We are on Railo.

Note this is only the default interpolation method. It is easy enough to update the interpolation on specific image properties in your application to the preferred method.

OK thanks. I will let Ken know.

Core now checks the colour profile on upload and switches the interpolation to highQuality for greyscale images. Otherwise blackman is still the default.

2 Likes