Cfsearch plugin

After giving up on migrating FarCrySolrPro to p740 and Lucee 5.3.10, I’m looking at using CFML built-in functions cfcollection, cfindex and cfsearch to provide search capabilities.

Just wondering if there’s an existing plugin. If not, is there any community desire for such a plugin?

At least for me, one key capability would be to search non-public pages, so plugins such as the Google Site Search Plugin wouldn’t meet that criterion.

FarCry Solr Pro already supports p740. Are you using the latest version?

There are also other plugin search options:

• AWS Cloudsearch Plugin
  • Azure Search Plugin
  • Google Site Search Plugin

I get the following error on startup:

Error Overview
Core Version:	7.4.0-BETA
Machine:	localhost
Instance:	unknown
Message:	org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpException - org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpException
Browser:	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/114.0
DateTime:	{ts '2023-06-06 19:44:09'}
Host:	localhost
HTTPReferer:	
QueryString:	
RemoteAddress:	127.0.0.1
Bot:	not a bot
Error Details
Exception Type:	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Tag Context:	

F:\FarCry\plugins\farcrysolrpro\packages\custom\cfsolrlib\components\cfsolrlib.cfc (line: 31)
    F:\FarCry\plugins\farcrysolrpro\packages\forms\configSolrServer.cfc (line: 160)
    F:\FarCry\plugins\farcrysolrpro\config\_serverSpecificVarsAfterInit.cfm (line: 10)
    F:\FarCry\core\Application.cfc (line: 464)
Software Version
FarCrySolrPro https://github.com/jeffcoughlin/farcrysolrpro/releases/tag/1.6.0 (using nosolr and previous solr installation)
FarCry p740
Lucee 5.3.10.120
Tomcat 9.0.71
Java 11.0.16 (Amazon.com Inc.) 64bit

There is also the concern of using Solr 3.5 when according to Apache Solr versions <8.11 are End of Life

There is also the concern of using Solr 3.5 when according to Apache Solr versions <8.11 are End of Life

That’s a personal decision (if you don’t want to use it because the underlying engine has been EOL’d). We haven’t had the need to upgrade Solr as there aren’t any features that warranted a need to upgrade everything on our end for any of our clients. It would take extension work to upgrade Solr and have all the code working - let alone write code to take advantage of any newer features. We are of course open to sponsored development if you’re interested (that’s essentially how we wrote the plugin to begin with). But you might want to first look at some of the other FarCry Search Plugins that I suggested above.

I get the following error on startup:

Exception Type: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
… cfsolrlib\components\cfsolrlib.cfc (line: 31)

I don’t currently use any implementations of FarCry Solr Pro and Lucee, so I can’t test or verify at the moment (All of my clients who use that plugin are running on Adobe CF). I have though in the past, but not currently. Perhaps someone else can chime in who has experience with it.

Unless there are others in a similar situation, I don’t think it’s worth anyone else trying to fix the issues I’m running into. As I don’t have the SOLR know how, this is why I was originally looking at developing an alternative and was checking that there wasn’t an existing solution.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, Jeff, and for all your work on FarCry Solr Pro :slight_smile: