FarCry in a Shared Hosting environment

Understood.

There are two more things I would like to mention:

  1. I reintroduced my <cftry><cfcatch> sequence in the coapiadmin.getWebskinPath() method to make it work.
  2. I wonder if the furl health check, the /farcryconstructor.cfm call, the setup of the JAR paths, and the datasource name section really need to be processed for each request (and, if we fire the login screen or a frame set, even multiple times). The furl health check is called in the OnRequestStart()method anyway. Why calling it twice?
    Also, I would expect the aforementioned tasks to be run only once in the Application.cfc's OnApplicationStart() method. The jar path array could be stored in the application scope and utilized by the utils.cfc – and other – components either by reference in the init() constructors or directly in the arguments scope.
    Do you think this would be possible?
  3. Am I correct that the javaLoader is still used? I found it in line 24 of the utils.cfc constructor:
	<cfset variables.loader = createObject(
		"component", 
		"farcry.core.packages.farcry.javaloader.JavaLoader"
	).init(paths) />

I thought this will no longer be needed?