tinyMCE config in FC7

We are currently on FC 6.2.11 and will be migrating to FC 7 soon. I am hoping to use the same tinyMCE config on FC 7 as on FC 6.2.

When I pasted the tinyMCE code from 6.2 into 7 and updated config, app, etc., the Body area disappeared from the Edit screen. Is there something I need to change in the tinyMCE code to work with FC 7?

Here is the config I hope to use:

theme : "advanced",
plugins : "table,advhr,farcrycontenttemplates,advimage,advlink,preview,zoom,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen",   
theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,farcrycontenttemplates",
theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator",       
theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "separator,fullscreen,pasteword,pastetext",               
theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom",
theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : true,
theme_advanced_resizing : true,
extended_valid_elements: "iframe[src|width|height|name|align],code,colgroup,col,thead,tfoot,tbody,abbr,blockquote,cite,button,textarea[name|class|cols|rows],script[type],img[style|class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name]",
remove_linebreaks : false,
content_css : "/css/sitestyles.css",
relative_urls : false,
theme_advanced_styles : "Custom Style=myStyle"

Forgot to mention the default tinyMCE editor in FC7 has some problems which is why I want to use the old settings from FC 6.2.

Problem details:

1. The insert/edit link button is not functioning. When clicked, nothing happens.
  2. The FarCry content pop-up window does not show the OK (submit) button when editing in the site tree view because the bottom of the window is cut off, even when using the fullscreen mode. The bottom of the window does appear when using inline editing (clicking Edit when viewing a page).

FarCry 7 uses TinyMCE 4.x so your old TinyMCE 3.x config may not work, most likely it could be one of the plugins in your plugin list causing it to crash.

I'd start by removing the plugins and adding them back one by one until you find the one that is causing the problem. It's a fairly common complaint with TinyMCE upgrades.

Where is the default configuration for TinyMCE stored for FC7? Iā€™d like to make a tweak, not start from scratch.

At the bottom of the packages/formtools/richtext.cfc there is a function that returns the default config, you should be able to copy it from there :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thank you

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Phil A. Lepanto
Connections Media

Sent from a Microsoft Surface Pro

1 Like