Remember me on login?

Hi All,
Has anyone extended and implemented a ‘remember me for 30 days’ checkbox option on the login form?
I’ve just read Ben’s blog on the subject but there appear to be a lot of gotchas in the comments.
Looks like you might perhaps drop an encrypted cookie with a user id then auto login at the request start. But again, lots of gotchas.
Cheers
Phil

Do you want a remember me feature for the webtop, or for front-end user sessions, or both? I’ve implemented one before similar to Ben’s article (but using a one way hash rather than encrypt/decrypt). It’s not public but I could maybe review it and see if it’s something that can be released.

For the webtop we tend towards using single sign on services, e.g. if you use Google for Business Email (now G Suite) then you can use the Google UD plugin for accessing the webtop.

Hi Justin,
Definitely for the front end user at this stage. I just want to lock down some parts of the site from general public users but don’t want to make the private users login every time they go there.
Any help would be most appreciated. It’s not time critical, so in your own time.
Cheers :slight_smile:
Phil