Post upgrade problems with some screens in Webtop after upgrading from 6.2.11 to 7.0.1

I’ve just followed the “How do you upgrade from Farcry 6.x to Farcry 7 Shiny” post and after following all the steps to upgrade and forcing an ?updateall=1 and ?updateapp=1 I am seeing issues in the /Webtop under Admin/Manage Configuration/General (and a couple others noted further down) when clicking the general link I get a large window with a blue button labeled “Struct”. Could this be a database issue where there is a missing table or column?

The main content of the website displays correctly but the following sections in the Admin/ManageConfiguration in the Webtop have the above issue:

environment

struct
Detail [empty string]
ErrNumber 0
Message Element canonicalDomain is undefined in a CFML structure referenced as part of an expression.
Resolvedname [empty string]

general

struct
Detail [empty string]
ErrNumber 0
Message Element webtopLogoPath is undefined in a CFML structure referenced as part of an expression.

Security

Detail [empty string]
ErrNumber 0
Message Element bIncludeLetters is undefined in a CFML structure referenced as part of an expression.

tinyMCE

struct
Detail [empty string]
ErrNumber 0
Message Element tinyMCE4_config is undefined in a CFML structure referenced as part of an expression.

Background: I have a development server that is using a copy of our production database. The server is running Windows 2008R2 with a remote SQL 2008 server housing the dev and production site databases. I backed up the production database and restored over the top of the dev database so they are identical as of last week when I upgraded to Farcry 7.0.1.

After the ?updateapp commands I even restarted the entire server hoping that might help. No joy. Additionally it looks like there are several other things not working which give a 500 server error such as when clicking General Admin/System Status/System Information:

*Message: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid column name ‘lastLogin’.
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36
DateTime: {ts ‘2014-08-18 09:45:52’}
Host: *****************
HTTPReferer: http://**************webtop/index.cfm?id=admin.general.settings.listfarconfig
QueryString: id=admin.general.systemstatus.systeminfo

This is the error I get when clicking General Admin/Webtop Dashboards

Message: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name ‘dbo.farWebtopDashboard’.
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36
DateTime: {ts ‘2014-08-18 09:43:50’}
Host: ********************
HTTPReferer: http://
*******/webtop/index.cfm?id=admin.general.settings.listfarconfig
QueryString: id=admin.general.settings.webtopdashboards

Is there more that I need to do other than follow the upgrade guide?

It sounds like the conversion from WDDX to JSON in the config records failed for some reason. Rather than updateall=1 and updateapp=1 you might need to do updateall=[your update key] and updateapp=[your update key]. You can find your key in your farcryConstructor.cfm file. Using 1 is only supported if you are already logged into FarCry.

So, it might be that the upgrade tool never ran because you never actually triggered it.

1 Like

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman! That worked and now I see different menu items. Where before it may have listed General it now says General Configuration, Environment Configuration, Security Configuration, etc. And all items now show actual entries instead of “Struct”. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Now the items under General Admin/Webtop Dashboards and System Configuration no longer give 500 errors with invalid SQL object names. I was using ?updateall and ?updateapp=1 but not logged in to the Farcry Webtop. Once I used the proper key listed in farcryconstructor.cfm from my browser (not logged in to webtop) everything worked. Imagine that. :wink:

You Rock!

Thanks very much Sean.

Michael

Glad you got it figured out. Sorry, just noticed the angle brackets I used around “your update key” didn’t come through. I’ve replaced with square brackets for anyone in the future who comes across this.