More international Date/Time formats input in webtop

• In Europe we’re using 24 hour time format. We are really not used to work with AM / PM. Would it be possible to make the date/time fields more international or otherwise dependent from the language settings in the user profile? I miss that feaure since years over all FC versons (I’ve started with FC 4.x).

• It would also be a nice feature to have a setting option (f.e. in the “General Configuration”) for the “minutes” dropdown list. In most cases it makes no sense to offer values from 0 to 59, which will force the user to scroll the dropdown list. A possible configuration choice could be f.e in periods of time.

• Period of 30 minutes (0 / 30)
  • Period of 15 minutes (0 / 15 / 30 / 45)
  • Period of 10 minutes (0 / 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50)
  • Period of 5 minutes (0 / 5 / 10 / 15 / …)
  • Period of 1 minute (1 to 59)
1 Like

There is a PR for this:

But @justincarter wants to review options for having a locale setting that applies this, rather than forcing folks to set this change for all time based formtools.

I have want to force this to be simply:

Period of 15 minutes (0 / 15 / 30 / 45)

But maybe an attribute that allows you to set the interval might be more appropriate; for example, ftMinInterval="15"

Yes, that probably would be a better way.

Yes, an additional property ftMinInterval=“x” would be nice. But I think the the possible values must be able to be divided by 60.

@modius: I agree that this should be bound to locale choice or user profile. I will try to do some more work on it this week if you want.

1 Like

Your commits are always welcome :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve created a skunkworks/p730 branch today which has better datetime precision support for MySQL.

I think it would be a good idea to submit your pull requests against this branch (whenever you are ready) so that it can form one of the main features for the 7.3 release :smile: There won’t be many other planned features for this version at this stage so we should be able to release it soon after it is ready.

1 Like